Opportunities at James Hambro & Partners
for experienced professionals
James Hambro & Partners is a fast-growing business and always looking to add talented young individuals with initiative, self-discipline and team commitment who will thrive in our professional, progressive and vibrant environment.
The firm is committed to nurturing its people, developing the required skills and expertise for a long successful career in wealth management or financial planning.
Entry level employees will be expected to commit to professional development. Nurturing and growing talent is our key objective and JH&P is a place where people can flourish regardless of their starting point in the business. We also offer an Apprentice Scheme, a Work Experience and Internship Programme that runs twice a year in June and August.
Role – Assistant Portfolio Manager
31 August 2022
Competitive with an excellent benefits package
Creation of orders for approval by PM – includes stock trades, funds and FX transactions.
- Analysis of portfolio composition, relative to targets. Look through portfolios on a regular basis using various available systems (Pulse, Symphony and Bita Monitor) to see if there are any discrepancies such as abnormally large sector, stock or country weightings. Bring these findings to the attention of the Portfolio Manager and propose any changes to the PM.
- Preparing the implementation of asset allocation changes. Checking to see where the portfolios are relative to any new changes following the monthly asset allocation meeting. Informing PM of differences and proposing any changes to the PM.
- Manage the ongoing administration tasks required daily on client portfolios. This includes liaising with Back Office for transitions, corporate actions, cash movements, contract notes, trade settlement etc. Likely to work closely with the desk Client Services Manager on these tasks.
- Asset Class Rotation – Complete a six-monthly rotation of each asset class group (Fixed Interest, Equities and Funds) where the APMs contribute to the investment process and are required to provide support, undertake analysis and minute meetings for that asset class group as directed by the asset class leader.
- Compliance – Assist the PM in ensuring management of client portfolios is in compliance with all applicable regulations. Keep abreast of all regulatory developments. Assist the PM in ensuring that the portfolios are compliant with their benchmarks, guidelines and restrictions, raising any issues with the portfolio manager.
- Performance – Assist PM in monitoring the performance on client portfolios and raise queries where necessary.
- Understanding tax issues – Ability to deal with basic tax queries that might come through following the 5th April taxation booklet production and at any point throughout the year.
- Liquidity Management – Checking on a daily basis that portfolios are not going overdrawn, alert the portfolio manager if needs be and take any action necessary. Review the cash on deposit regularly.
- Client Reviews – Assisting the portfolio manager when reviewing portfolios and ensuring that any issues are addressed. This is an annual exercise.
- Collaborate with other APMs in order to complete regular centralised tasks carried out by APMs as a group. This includes various daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks.
- Contribute to the overall marketing and business development processes for your team.
- Educated to at least A level standard.
- Level 4 UK regulation exam required for SMCR certification.
- Working towards CISI Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification (or equivalent).
Knowledge and Experience
- Good working knowledge of Symphony, Pulse, Bita, CRM.
- Basic understanding of investments, markets and the operational processes which support them.
- Awareness of the regulatory environment and the risks arising.
- Experience of working in a client facing environment.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Keen to gain knowledge of financial services or wealth management.
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to summarise complex issues clearly and succinctly.
- Good written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse investment information and draw conclusions from it.
- Ability to analyse and apply information provided by the client to assess client’s circumstances.
- Prepared to engage in debate about the conclusions drawn, resilient in sustaining a logical argument, and to adjust or hold position as seems fit.
- Confident with numbers.
- Organised with attention to detail.
- Focused on delivering suitable customer outcomes which are adequately documented.
- Good prioritisation and time management.
How to apply
Please send us your CV with a covering letter detailing the position you are interested in applying for to Recruitment@jameshambro.com
Your CV/Personal Data:
We will respond within 10 working days following the submission of your application.